[Home ] [Archive]    
:: Main About Current Issue Archive Publication Ethics Submit Contact ::
:: Volume 3, Number 2 (June 2016) ::
Health Spiritual Med Ethics 2016, 3(2): 24-29 Back to browse issues page
Qom University of Medical Sciences Students’ Opinions Regarding Istikharah, Fate, Destiny, scripting-Amulet, and Jinns
Alireza Alinouri, Mohebi Siamak, Marzieh Shahsiah, Fatemeh Khansanami, Ali Mohammadi Veldani, Shabanali Khansanami
Religion and Medicine Research Center, Qom University of Medical Sciences, Qom, Iran.
Abstract:   (628 Views)

Background and Objectives: Belief health and possession of proper religious beliefs are among hygienic priorities for effective and active strata of the society. False religious beliefs and adherence thereto lead human beings astray. The present study intends to get insight into awareness of Qom University of Medical Sciences students from wrong religious beliefs.

Methods: The present research was a descriptive-analytical one. Statistical population of this research included 309 students studying at all majors in the Qom University of Medical Sciences.

Results: A number of 167 students (56.4%) announced that Jinns have frightened them. In addition, it was made clear that 12 students (3.9%) did not believe in Istikharah, and the rest 297 ones (96.1%) admitted injection of Istikharah in most affairs of their lives. Sixty-three students (21.4%) believed that the main reason behind referring to amulet scriveners is resolution of problems only in this way.

Conclusion: According to the results, this is concluded that rock-solid steps are to be taken in order to rectify students’ religious beliefs and raise their awareness tiers.

Keywords: Istikharah, Jinn, Religion, Students, Superstitions.
Full-Text [PDF 292 kb]   (298 Downloads)    
Type of Study: Original Article | Subject: General
Received: 2016/07/12 | Accepted: 2016/07/12 | Published: 2016/07/12
Send email to the article author

Add your comments about this article
Your username or email:

Write the security code in the box >



XML     Print


Download citation:
BibTeX | RIS | EndNote | Medlars | ProCite | Reference Manager | RefWorks
Send citation to:

Alinouri A, Siamak M, Shahsiah M, Khansanami F, Mohammadi Veldani A, Khansanami S. Qom University of Medical Sciences Students’ Opinions Regarding Istikharah, Fate, Destiny, scripting-Amulet, and Jinns. Health Spiritual Med Ethics. 2016; 3 (2) :24-29
URL: http://jhsme.muq.ac.ir/article-1-103-en.html
Volume 3, Number 2 (June 2016) Back to browse issues page
Health, Spirituality and Medical Ethics Health, Spirituality and Medical Ethics
Persian site map - English site map - Created in 0.225 seconds with 806 queries by yektaweb 3455